We recognize the need for intentional time to nurture our faith and grow through study with others. In a church our size it is easy to remain anonymous if one only attends Sunday morning worship. At First Christian you will find a variety of Sunday morning classes, Bible studies and discussion groups to help you grow in your faith. These groups are vital to our community life together. We encourage you to get connected by visiting one or more of the groups listed. If you have any questions, Rev. Chris Shorow would love to visit with you about your faith formation.
Adult Sunday Morning Classes
Classes Meeting at 9:30am
- Who: 60’s — 80’s | Room 116
- Teacher: Don Wiechmann
- The Challengers are a strong fellowship and service-oriented class, always ready to “meet the challenge.” They enjoy active discussion and Bible study.
- Who: Adults of all ages | Location: Room 113
- Teachers: Jeff Fine-Thomas & Larry Ball
- A discussion oriented class focusing on issues of Christian beliefs, faith, interpretation and historical perspective. The class seeks the expression of many varied points of view in an open-minded atmosphere of spiritual growth. Meets at a time convenient for singing with the choir!
- Who: 70’s — 90’s | Room 112
- Class members rotate to lend their teaching perspectives to this lecture-based class. Curriculum is the “Present Word” series, which is studied after the class begins by singing a few gospel songs.
Classes Meeting at 10:00 am
- Who: Adults of all ages | Room 125
- Teacher: Rev. Chris Shorow
- An intergenerational class for anyone interested in exploring the connections between faith & daily living.
- Who: Adults of all ages | Room 130
- Teacher: Ellen Chitwood
- An intergenerational fellowship for single and married adults. The class enjoys a variety of Bible studies, both lecture and discussion oriented.
Fellowship of Faith
- Who: 20's, 30's, & 40's (singles + couples) | Room 115
- Teacher: Suzann Allison
- Class study is geared toward young adults who want to discover a faith that makes a difference in their lives. Studying God's Word is their priority.
- Who: 40's, 50's & a few 60's! | Room 201
- Teacher: Kelly VanOsdol
- A discussion-oriented class which uses a variety of short term studies and subjects of current interest. Both married and singles are welcome to participate in the fellowship and service projects of the class.
- Who: 40's & 50's couples | Room 114
- Teacher: Kay Mades
- Fellowship and service are strongly emphasized in this class. They share in a variety of topical studies.
- Who: 50's & 60's | Room 117
- Teachers: Class Members
- A discussion oriented group that places a high emphasis on fellowship together. Class members rotate teaching duties which adds to varied perspectives.
- Who: 20's & 30's, Singles & Couples | Room 207
- Teachers: Cole & Anna Lisa Stanley
- Together we are walking the road, exploring our faith, stretching our minds and building community. This class is discussion-based.
Bible Studies & Faith Development
First Christian offers a variety of Bible studies and faith development courses. Most are offered during the spring and fall semesters.
Connections Women’s Bible Study
Women take part in study, fellowship and prayer on either Monday evening or Thursday mornings. Connections is held during the spring and fall semesters.
Details on additional studies and course offerings can be found on our website calendar, newsletter, worship bulletin or in The Hub group list. Contact Rev. Chris Shorow at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.