Because of you, 2017 has been one of the most generous years on record at First Christian Church. Your gifts are supporting ministry in ways that we knew would be amazing when we started the year, but God has continued to surprise us. Here are just a few of the ways that your generosity is enabling God’s movement at First Christian Church:
- Date, a group of entrepreneurial students launched a fellowship and study group for college students and their first gathering had 15 students!
- This fall’s first UNITE, our Wednesday night church-wide gathering, welcomed over 200 friends and family with renewed energy, a new way of sharing a fresh-nutritious meal, and awesome choices for study and growth.
- Our Music Ministry is running out of chairs and robes because so many voices are participating in the beauty of creating music each week.
- The Children’s Ministry team is welcoming children, from all backgrounds and experiences, and showing them the love of Christ through worshipful experiences in Children’s Worship & Wonder, a fun night with friends during Unite, or an intentional loving engagement with their family.
- The Child Care Center has a new Curriculum Coordinator who is working with each of the teachers to make sure each moment of the student’s day is filled with meaningful, educational learning and play.
- Breakfast on Boulevard has had record breaking meal service days in 2017, continuing to provide a hot breakfast to anyone who needs it.
- The Students of First Christian Church took time this summer to learn about homelessness in the OKC Metro area. One veteran student even commented that it was “the best mission experience they had ever had.”
- The Adult Education team worked hard to heed feedback and offered a schedule that balanced time for your class to fellowship with opportunities to hear from excellent speakers from around this region.
- We continue to receive comments from the community about the beauty of our campus, our willingness to open our doors to the community, and our engagement and love for our neighbors in tangible ways, such as school supplies, hurricane kits, Habitat builds, hosting UCO groups, and allowing traveling mission teams to sleep here.
Each exciting ministry, child served, meal offered, class taught, and life fulfilled is because of your generous spirit and commitment to First Christian Church. Now, as we begin our 2017 Annual Campaign to fund our yearly budget, we give thanks to God and look to the future and new possibilities for First Christian. We know with your continued generosity that God will continue to do amazing things at First Christian.
The 2017 Annual Campaign “Generosity: The Power of People, Places & Presence of the Spirit,” began Sunday, September 17 and concludes on Sunday, October 8, with Consecration Sunday. Join us October 8 for a Celebration Breakfast to rejoice in our faithful commitment to the future of First Christian Church and offer your pledge of support.
Enclosed is your commitment card. Please prayerfully complete and return this card on October 8, or earlier, so we can begin to effectively budget for our 2018 year of ministry. For your convenience, you can also pledge online at fccedmond.org/generosity.
Together, as members of First Christian Church, we are committed to growing in faith and serving our church, our community, and our world. God is leading us to a future filled with great possibilities!
2017 Annual Campaign Team Leader
Rev. Chris Shorow