Children's Sunday School
Sundays at 10:00AM - 10:50AM
Sunday School classes are a great way to get your kids involved deeper in the life of the church, and allow them the opportunity to make new friends. We believe faith is relational, and the best way to grow children in their faith is to help them deepen their relationship with God and others.
Ages 3 through 5th grade meet in classrooms in the Children's Education Building on the North side of the Church.
Not sure where to go? Just stop by the Welcome Desk in the main building.
Nursery - We provide nursery care for children birth up to 3 years of age during Sunday morning worship services and during the Sunday School hour. Each child is special to us, and we want to provide loving care while they are here. We encourage you to read our nursery guidelines prior to your first visit to ensure a smooth transition for you and your child.
Children Worship & Wonder
For children 3 years through 1st Grade during the 9:00 and 11:00am Worship Services
Children begin in the sanctuary with their families, experiencing the first part of worship together. They are then dismissed to attend Children Worship and Wonder with their friends and trained storytellers.
Children Worship & Wonder is an exciting way of approaching faith formation with children. In Children Worship & Wonder, children have the opportunity to hear Bible stories and form responses out of their own life experiences. They learn the meaning of church traditions and participate in worship practices.
Characteristics of Children Worship & Wonder:
- Respect of Children. This program recognizes children as spiritual beings, who already have a relationship with God. In Children Worship & Wonder, adults are guides who offer space, tools, and language which help children deepen their already existing relationship with God. In Children Worship & Wonder we trust, that given the opportunity, children will bring their own life experiences to the stories of God and will receive what they need.
- Encouragement of Imagination. There is not enough time and space in today's world for children to use their wonderful imaginations. Television, videos, computer games rarely encourage children to call upon their own creative possibilities. There are too few places for children to learn about the gifts of quiet and solitude. Churches are uniquely equipped to offer these gifts.
- Developmentally Appropriate. Children Worship & Wonder allows children to use all of their senses and motor skills. It includes lots of repetition and lots of ritual which children love.
- Children Learn about God while Being in God's Presence. Children Worship & Wonder is worship. It is a chance for adults and children to worship together in a way that is meaningful for both.
- Numbers do not Matter. This program can be done with one child or twenty children.
- To learn more, or to watch a video from Disciples Home Missions, please visit www.discipleshomemissions.org/
Wednesdays Evenings during the school year - Register Now!
Join us on Wednesday nights during the school year for food, fellowship, learning and fun! Adults, children and youth - can UNITE for a delicious, reasonably priced meal, share meaningful conversation and experience faith development in one of our classes or small groups. UNITE is a place to grow in your faith and form lasting relationships...in a relaxed and welcoming environment. Join us for dinner - everyone is invited!
5:00 Music/Instruments (K-5th) (Music Room/Room 113)
5:30 Cherub Choir (PreK) (Room 115)
6:30 Large Group Gathering (Sanctuary)
7:00 Small Groups
Acolytes - Children in the 1st through 5th grades may serve as Acolytes at the 9 and 11am worship services. The acolyte brings in the light of Christ at the beginning of worship to remind us of Christ's presence as we listen and read the Word of God. At the end of worship, the acolyte changes the light to remember that Christ is not in just one place, but He is everywhere we go. Training sessions are held periodically throughout the year and a serving schedule is set up so all may participate.
Baby Dedication - We partner with parents as they celebrate a commitment to raise their child in a faithful way. This community will help and encourage you along the way. We hold Baby Dedication services in the spring, and upon request.
Pastors' Class – To prepare our fifth grade children for church membership, baptism, and their first communion, this class is offered each Spring. Enrollment begins in December, a Parent's Meeting is held in January.
Vacation Bible School - a week of fun and growth for children from completed Kindergarten through 5th grade held each summer, usually in June.
Contact Jennifer Humphrey for more information on Children's Ministries at First Christian Church.